- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
- A paper was accepted for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology journal
ARMS Lab participates in IEEE HRI 2014 Conference (Bielefeld, Germany)
Undergraduate researcher Nursultan Imanberdiyev, research assistant Yerbolat Khassanov and the principal investigator of ARMS Lab Dr. Atakan Varol attended the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI 2014) organized by the Bielefeld University between 3rd and 6th of March. ARMS researchers also visited labs of Center of Excellence Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC).
Two late breaking reports on the teleoperation of the mobile manipulator were presented by the lab members at the conference:
1) Inertial motion capture based reference trajectory generation for a mobile manipulator (ACM database)
2) Real-time gesture recognition for the high-level teleoperation interface of a mobile manipulator (ACM database)
The papers can also be found on our Publications page.