- Analytical Modeling and Design of Negative Stiffness Honeycombs
- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
Analytical Modeling and Design of Negative Stiffness Honeycombs
A paper entitled “Analytical Modeling and Design of Negative Stiffness Honeycombs” (Altay Zhakatayev, Zhanat Kappassov, Atakan Varol) was recently accepted for publication in the prestigious journal Smart Materials and Structures (IOP Science) with impact factor 3.543. The paper mostly describes proposed analysis and design methods of negative stiffness honeycombs. Negative stiffness honeycombs (NSHs) have unique properties, such as negative stiffness behavior, ability to sustain multiple loading-unloading cycles, relatively long plateau in force-displacement characteristics, and more. As a result, researchers and scientists are focusing their attention to understand and investigate new applications of NSH. Our paper further increases our understanding about NSH and helps to design NSH with desired behavior.