- Analytical Modeling and Design of Negative Stiffness Honeycombs
- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
On 5 October 2019, Advanced Robotics and Mechatronics (ARMS) Laboratory was visited by the deputies of the Mazhilis who were assessing the progress on the realization of the Step 63 of the “100 CONCRETE STEPS PLAN”. Among the esteemed guests were
Gulshara Abdiqalyqova (Secretary of State of Kazakhstan) , Zhamilya Nurmanbetova, Abdimanap Bekturganov (Member of the Committee for Socio-Cultural Development of the Mazhilis), Azat Peruashev (Chairman of the Democratic Party of Kazakhstan “Ak Zhol” ), and Pavel Kazantsev .
Researchers of the ARMS Laboratory showed some of their latest projects to the visitors. These projects included the tensegrity manipulator, mobile spherical robot, robot workcell safety aura visualization using augmented reality and deep learning object recognition using synthetic data. At the end of the visit, Dr. Varol made a presentation on the Institute of Smart Systems and Artificial Intelligence as the new spearhead of research efforts in intelligent systems and machine learning.