- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
- A paper was accepted for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology journal
- Two Papers Presented at the ICRA 2019 (Montreal, Canada)
Two Papers Presented at the ICRA 2019 (Montreal, Canada)
Two Nazarbayev University papers were presented at the prominent International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2019) between 20 and 24 of May, 2019.
The flagship conference of IEEE Robotics and Automation Society ( https://www.icra2019.org/ ) was held at the Montreal Convention Center. Montreal is the largest city of the French-speaking Quebec region of Canada. The city is emerging as a global hub of artificial intelligence research and is home to the renowned Quebec Artificial Intelligence Institute, also known as MILA.
ARMS PI Dr. Atakan Varol was accompanied by post-doctoral researcher Dr. Zhanat Kappassov, senior doctoral student Altay Zhakatayev and research engineer Shyngys Salakchinov. The team met former NU Robotics students Tasbolat Taunyazov and Olzhas Adiyatov, who are currently pursuing doctoral studies at the National University of Singapore and University of Waterloo, respectively.
ARMS team attended the plenary talks of top AI researchers such as Yoshua Bengio and Raquel Urtasun. They also had the chance to discuss collaboration opportunities with the other researchers attending the conference. The presentations of NU researchers received widespread interest from the research community. Two papers presented at the ICRA 2019 conference were:
1. Altay Zhakatayev, Matteo Rubagotti, Huseyin Atakan Varol, "Energy-Aware Optimal Control of Variable Stiffness Actuated Robots", Robotics and Automation Letters, 2019.
2. Zhanat Kappassov, Zharaskhan Kuanyshuly, Daulet Baimukashev, Yerzhan Massalin, Arshat Urazbayev, Huseyin Atakan Varol, "Color-Coded Fiber-Optic Tactile Sensor for an Elastomeric Robot Skin", IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2019.