- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
- A paper was accepted for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology journal
Thesis Defense of ARMS Lab Members
On the 3rd of May 2019, four of our graduate students from the Department of Robotics and Mechatronics and members of Advanced Robotics and Mechatronics Systems (ARMS) laboratory; Daulet Baimukashev, Denis Fadeyev, Askat Kuzdeuov, and Zhanat Makhataeva have presented their MSc Thesis Defense in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science in Robotics. Professors Huseyin Atakan Varol supervised three of the thesis works: “Stabilization of Inverted Pendulum with Two-Axis Reaction Wheel” (Daulet Baimukashev), “Generalized Dynamics of Stacked Tensegrity Manipulators” (Denis Fadeyev), and “Safety Aura Visualization for Variable Impedance Actuated Robots using Augmented Reality” (Zhanat Makhataeva). Askat Kuzdeuov’s thesis work was on " Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators Using Fiducial Marker and Inertial Sensor Data Fusion", who was supervised by Professor Matteo Rubagotti. The MSc defense started at 7:00 am, thus it was probably the earliest for NU members and latest for the external member, Brian Edward Lawson from Vanderbilt University, USA.