- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
- A paper was accepted for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology journal
ARMS Lab Attended the SII 2019 Conference (Paris, France)
Advanced Robotics and Mechatronics (ARMS) Laboratory researchers presented five papers at the prominent 2019 IEEE/SICE International Symposium on System Integrations (SII 2019) between 14th and 16th of January, 2019. The conference was held in the Pierre et Marie Curie Campus of Sorbonne University. The campus houses the majority of the laboratories and classrooms used by the Faculty of Sciences, in addition to libraries and student-dedicated spaces. SII 2019 (http://www.sii2019.org/ ) was organized under the sponsorship of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society and the SICE System Integration Division.
ARMS PI Dr. Atakan Varol was accompanied by researchers Akmaral Moldagaliyeva, Dr. Zhanat Kappassov, Altay Zhakatayev, Yerkebulan Massalim, Zhanat Makhateava and Ayan Mazhitov. ARMS team attended presentations of renowned research groups in robotics and system integration and had the chance to discuss collaboration opportunities with the researchers at the conference. The presentations of ARMS researchers received widespread acclaim from the audience.
ARMS team also visited ISIR (Institut des Systèmes Intelligents et de Robotique), which is the main robotics lab of Sorbonne University. During this visit, NU researchers witnessed the state-of-the-art robotics research in France and discussed joint projects with ISIR.
ARMS papers presented at the SII 2019 conference were:
1. Optimal Sensor Placement of Variable Impedance Actuated Robots (Bexultan Rakhim, Altay Zhakatayev, Olzhas Adiyatov, Huseyin Atakan Varol)
2. Robotic Assembly Planning of Tensegrity Structures (Birzhan Nurimbetov, Margulan Issa, Huseyin Atakan Varol)
3. Computer Vision-Based Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Robots Using Fiducial Markers (Akmaral Moldagalieva, Denis Fadeyev, Askat Kuzdeov, Valeriya Khan, Bexultan Alimzhanov, Huseyin Atakan Varol)
4. Safety Aura Visualization for Variable Impedance Actuated Robots (Zhanat Makhateva, Altay Zhakatayev, Huseyin Atakan Varol)
5. Deformable Object Recognition Using Proprioceptive and Exteroceptive Tactile Sensing (Ayan Mazhitov, Adilzhan Adilkhanov, Yerkebulan Massalim, Zhanat Kappassov, Huseyin Atakan Varol)