- ARMS PhD Student Zhanat Makhataeva Published her Review Paper on Augmented Reality in Robotics
- Analytical Modeling and Design of Negative Stiffness Honeycombs
- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
ARMS Lab Visited by the Head of the State, Ministers, and Other Dignitaries in its New C4 Location.
In November and December 2018, Advanced Robotics and Mechatronics (ARMS) Laboratory was visited by distinguished statesman and dignitaries of Kazakhstan. The honored guests included Karim Massimov (Chairman of the National Security Committee), Dinara Kulibaeva (Director of the Nazarbayev Education Foundation), Asset Issekeshev (Head of the Presidential Administration), Kalmukhanbet Kassymov (Minister of Internal Affairs), Nurlan Yermekbayev (Minister of Defense), Kairat Abdrakhmanov (Minister of Foreign Affairs), Kanat Bozumbayev (Minister of Energy), Yerlan Sagadiyev (Minister of Education and Science), Beibut Atamkulov (Minister of Defense and Aerospace Industry), Dauren Abayev (Minister of Information and Communication), Abylkassymova Madina (Minister of Health and Social Development) and Arystanbek Mukhamediuly (Minister of Culture and Sports). Researchers of the ARMS Laboratory showed some of their latest projects to the valuable visitors. These projects included the tensegrity manipulator, nonlinear honeycomb spring structure, robot workcell safety aura visualization using augmented reality and deep object recognition using synthetic data.
The zenith of these events was on 1 December 2018. Head of the State Nursultan Nazarbayev inaugurated the new research complex of Nazarbayev University and paid a visit to the ARMS Laboratory. ARMS researchers Zhanat Mahaeteva, Zhanat Kappassov, Altay Zhakatayev, and Askat Kuzdeuov had the privilege of presenting their project to the First President of Kazakhstan.
ARMS Lab Director Prof. Atakan Varol stated: “We are grateful to the people of Kazakhstan for their continuous support of Nazarbayev University. The visits of President Nazarbayev and other valuable state officials show once again the importance of Nazarbayev University for the modernization agenda of Kazakhstan. We look forward to contributing to the scientific, technological and economic development of Kazakhstan by training a high-tech workforce and increasing the know-how level of the country.“