- ARMS PhD Student Zhanat Makhataeva Published her Review Paper on Augmented Reality in Robotics
- Analytical Modeling and Design of Negative Stiffness Honeycombs
- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
Haptics Expert Prof. Vincent Hayward Visited Department of Robotics.
Vincent Hayward, an internationally renowned expert of tactile sensing, visited Nazarbayev University Department of Robotics as the special guest of postdoctoral researcher Dr. Zhanat Kappassov. Prof. Hayward introduced NU research community and students to the field of tactile sensing in his elegant and thought-provoking lecture entitled “In the sense of touch: how physics shapes the messages that are sent to the brain.” Dr. Hayward visited the robotics research laboratories and engaged in discussions with the department faculty members on possible areas for collaboration.
Vincent Hayward is Leverhulme Visiting Professor of Tactile Perception and Technologies at the Institute of Philosophy, School of Advanced Study, University of London. He was the holder of the International Chair in Haptics at the Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, from 2008 to 2011 and was subsequently appointed Professor. From 1989 to 2008, he was Assistant, Associate, and then Full Professor at McGill University, Montreal, Canada, and was director of the McGill Research Center for Intelligent Machines from 2001 to 2004. Vincent is a Fellow of the IEEE and has just completed an Advanced Grant from the European Research Council.