- ARMS PhD Student Zhanat Makhataeva Published her Review Paper on Augmented Reality in Robotics
- Analytical Modeling and Design of Negative Stiffness Honeycombs
- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
NU Researchers Participated in IROS 2018 Conference (Madrid, Spain).
Robotics postdoc Dr. Zhanat Kappassov and ARMS Laboratory graduate research assistant Mr. Daulet Baimukashev participated in the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) 2018. The conference was held between 1 and 5 October 2018 for the first time in Madrid, the capital of Spain. Under the motto of “Towards a Robotic Society”, the conference included the the largest robotic exhibition in the history of IROS.
Zhanat and Daulet presented their paper “A Series Elastic Tactile Sensing Array for Tactile Exploration of Deformable and Rigid Objects.” The work presented a series elastic tactile array to enable tactile exploration for position-controlled robot manipulators. Sixteen compliant sensing elements arranged as a 4 x 4 array allow the position-controlled robot to explore objects via palpation.
The paper received widespread interest from the conference participants. The historical significance of the work should also be noted since this paper was the first paper from Kazakhstan ever presented in this flagship conference.