- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
- A paper was accepted for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology journal
- Two Papers Presented at the ICRA 2019 (Montreal, Canada)
Former ARMS Researcher Artur Saudabayev’s Startup Received $1 million Investment.
Former ARMS researcher Artur Saudabayev has co-founded a biomedical AI startup Causaly, which recently announced closing a $1 million seed investment round.
Artur and his co-founder Yiannis Kiachopolous developed a Machine reading platform, which processes millions of scientific papers and extracts cause and effect relationships from them. Subsequently, building Cause and Effect knowledge graphs, Causaly enables users to access semantic search and advanced analytics features on a large knowledge base (currently more than 100 million of relationships over millions of academic papers).
Users for example can switch from keyword search approach to semantic search, for example, asking questions like "How is obesity related to the risk of cancer?" or "What are the effects of caffeine on human health in context of Multiple Sclerosis?" This approach offers increased efficiency, promising to substantially cut human reading effort and widen the scope of covered papers. In addition, the platform quickly provides data on advanced problems, for example disease common cause and comorbidity analysis.
The round was led by Marathon Venture Capital alongside angel investors including Matt Clifford, Nadav Rosenberg, Charlie Songhurst, Dr. Alexander Moscho and Emerge Education.