- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
- A paper was accepted for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology journal
- Two Papers Presented at the ICRA 2019 (Montreal, Canada)
Prof. Atakan Varol Visited Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST).
Department Chair of Robotics, Prof. Atakan Varol, visited Electrical Engineering Department of KAIST (Daejeon, Korea) to participate in the KAIST EE Workshop with International Partners. In his presentation, Dr. Varol talked about Nazarbayev University, research of the Robotics Department and also possible areas for collaboration between the two institutions.
Dr. Varol also toured important laboratories and research centers in the Daedeok Science Town including Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), Satellite Technology Research Center (SaTReC), CAD4X Laboratory of Prof. Naehyuck Chang and Center for Integrated Smart Sensors of Prof. Chong-Min Kyung.
Founded in 1971, KAIST is a research-oriented science and engineering institution which rapidly gained a reputation for research excellence and serves as a role model for all young research universities. KAIST student body is over 11,000 students with 6,000 of them at the graduate level. In 2017, KAIST was named the sixth most innovative university in the world and the most innovative in the Asia-Pacific region. KAIST ranks 46th overall in the world according to the QS World University Rankings.