- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
- A paper was accepted for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology journal
Four ARMS Papers Presented at the AIM 2017 (Munich, Germany)
Four papers of the Advanced Robotics and Mechatronics (ARMS) Laboratory were presented at the prominent Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics Conference (AIM 2017) between 3rd and 7th of July, 2017. The conference was held at the Sheraton Arabella Park Hotel in Munich, the capital of Bavaria federal state of Germany. Bavaria region of Germany is home to high-tech companies such as the robotic manufacturer KUKA and car manufacturer BMW, drive and control solution provider Rexroth. AIM 2017 ( http://www.aim2017.org/ ) was organized under the sponsorship of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society.
ARMS PI Dr. Atakan Varol was accompanied by researchers Altay Zhakatayev and Olzhas Adiyatov. ARMS team attended presentations of renowned research groups in Robotics&Mechatronics and had the chance to discuss collaboration opportunities with the researchers at the conference. The presentations of ARMS researchers received widespread interest from the audience.
ARMS papers presented at the AIM 2017 conference were:
- A. Zhakatayev, B. Rakhim, O. Adiyatov, A. Baimshyev, H.A. Varol, “Successive Linearization Model Predictive Control of Variable Stiffness Actuated Robots,” IEEE Conference on Advanced Intelligence Mechatronics, 2017.
- O. Adiyatov, K. Sultanov, O. Zhumabek and H.A. Varol, “Sparse Tree Heuristic Utilizing Node Neighborhood Information for RRT* Family Motion Planners,” IEEE Conference on Advanced Intelligence Mechatronics, 2017.
- B. Nurimbetov, O. Adiyatov, S. Yeleu, H.A. Varol, “A Motion Planning Strategy for Hybrid Unmanned Aerial Vehicles,” IEEE Conference on Advanced Intelligence Mechatronics, 2017.
- B. Aubakir, M. Folgheraiter and H.A. Varol, “Variable Stiffness Actuator using Thermoelectrically Cooled Nylon Artificial Muscles,” IEEE Conference on Advanced Intelligence Mechatronics, 2017.