- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
- A paper was accepted for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology journal
Professor Okyay Kaynak visited Nazarbayev University
Professor Okyay Kaynak visited Nazarbayev University between 2 and 5 October 2016 as a guest of ARMS Lab Director Dr. Atakan Varol. Prof. Kaynak is a Life Fellow of IEEE, UNESCO Chair on Mechatronics at Bogazici University (Turkey), 1000 Plan Professor at Harbin Institute of Technology (China) and the current Editor-in-Chief of the prestigious IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics.
As part of his visit, Professor Kaynak gave a lecture entitled "Intelligent Systems: An Assessment of the Past and the Prospects for the Future" at the Senate Hall to university academic staff and more than a hundred students. Additionally, he participated in a number of meetings with School of Science and Technology faculty and researchers, where various academic, research and administrative topics were discussed in-depth.
During his tour of ARMS Laboratory, he was introduced to the research projects currently carried out by the group. With genuine interest, Prof. Kaynak commented on each work and suggested future development directions and academicians from renowned institutions who might be interested in collaboration. Professor discussed novel directions in the area of intelligent systems and wished best of luck to the members of the ARMS research group.
Dr. Varol commented: "We have been honored for having Prof. Kaynak at Nazarbayev University. This visit is yet another indicator of our expanding recognition in the world robotics research arena. We must work harder to achieve more."