- ARMS PhD Student Zhanat Makhataeva Published her Review Paper on Augmented Reality in Robotics
- Analytical Modeling and Design of Negative Stiffness Honeycombs
- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
Three ARMS Lab Papers Presented at EMBC 2016
ARMS Lab research assistant Bauyrzhan Aubakir and PI Dr. Varol attended the IEEE EMBC 2016, the flagship conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. The conference was organized in Orlando at the Disney’s Contemporary Resort, at the heart of the world-class theme parks. Papers presented at the conference were:
Varol H.A., Massalin Y., “A Feasibility Study of Depth Image Based Intent Recognition for Lower Limb Prostheses”, EMBC 2016 – IEEE/EMBS Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2016
Aubakir B., Nurimbetov B., Tursynbek I., Varol H.A., “Vital Sign Monitoring Utilizing Eulerian Video Magnification and Thermography”, EMBC 2016 – IEEE/EMBS Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2016
Varol H.A., “MOSES: A Matlab-Based Open-Source Stochastic Epidemic Simulator”, EMBC 2016 – IEEE/EMBS Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2016
ARMS Lab members at the EMBC 2016 Lobby: