- ARMS PhD Student Zhanat Makhataeva Published her Review Paper on Augmented Reality in Robotics
- Analytical Modeling and Design of Negative Stiffness Honeycombs
- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
Two ARMS Lab papers presented at the IEEE/SICE Symposium on System Integration in Nagoya (Japan)
ARMS Lab members attended the 2015 IEEE/SICE International Symposium on System Integration organized by the Meijo University (Nagoya, Japan). ARMS Lab team in Japan consisted of researchers Altay Zhakayaev and Birzhan Nurimbetov and also the ARMS Lab Director Prof. Atakan Varol. Birzhan and Altay presented their latest research results and their presentations received wide-spread interest from the audience. ARMS Lab papers presented at the conference were “A Preliminary Study of Using Reactive Breaking Torque in Variable Impedance Actuation” and “ChibiFace: A Sensor-Rich Android Tablet-Based Interface for Industrial Robotics”. Team members also visited the Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology. This museum was another testament of the importance of diligence, dedication and innovation for the development of a country.