- A paper entitled “Neural Network Augmented Sensor Fusion for Pose Estimation of Tensegrity Manipulators” was recently accepted for publication in the journal IEEE Sensors
- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
- A paper was accepted for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology journal
ARMS Lab Director Prof. Atakan Varol Visits NTU and SUTD in Singapore.
Dr. Varol visited Nanyang Technological University and Singapore University of Technology and Design to investigate collaboration opportunities for research. At NTU, Dr. Varol was hosted by Prof. Erdal Kayacan, faculty member of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. AT SUTD, Dr. Varol was the guest of Prof. David Braun, his former colleague from Vanderbilt University, currently working as an assistant professor of Engineering Product Development cluster. Varol presented lectures at both institutions showing the latest results of ARMS Lab on the design and control of variable stiffness actuated robots. Both talks were attended by many researchers including the former ARMS Lab members and Nazarbayev University students, who are currently pursuing post-graduate studies in Singapore.