- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
- A paper was accepted for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology journal
- Two Papers Presented at the ICRA 2019 (Montreal, Canada)
ARMS Lab Members Accepted for Graduate Studies to Prestigious Institutions
Four ARMS Laboratory researchers were accepted to Masters and doctoral programs of distinguished universities.
Research assistant, Mr. Artur Saudabayev, won the British Gas Scholarship and will continue his studies at the Informatics Masters Program of the University of Edinburgh. He intends to focus on the Robotics track during his studies.
The first cohort graduates of Nazarbayev University and ARMS Lab undergraduates researchers, Olzhas Adiyatov, Nursultan Imanbardiyev and Farabi Kungozhin, will also continue their education and research in world-renowned institutions.
Nursultan has been accepted to the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore with full scholarship to pursue a PhD degree. Nursultan states: "The world-class education provided by the Department of Robotics endowed me with the knowledge and skills to pursue graduate studies. I am thankful to the Kazakh nation for supporting me during my studies. I will work very hard to represent my country in Singapore and become a good researcher to benefit Kazakhstan in the future."
Olzhas Adiyatov will pursue his PhD at the Singapore University of Technology and Design. He also received full scholarship for his studies. Olzhas recommends all students to use the vast opportunities provided by Nazarbayev University. He believes that working as an undergraduate researcher and project based courses of the Department of Robotics were the most unique parts of his study experience.
Farabi won the prestigious DAAD Scholarship and will study his Masters Degree in the Embedded Mechatronics Program of the Dortmund University of Applied Sciences. He points out that his undergraduate research experience at the ARMS Lab prepared himself for his studies and recommends all the Kazakhstani students to study Robotics.
The principal investigator, Dr. Atakan Varol, states: "I wish all the best to my former students and researchers in their further studies. I thank them for their hard work. They will always be remembered as the founding members of the ARMS Laboratory and as the successful students of our first Robotics cohort. I hope all of them will return to Kazakhstan after finishing their studies and work to transform Kazakhstan to one of the leading countries in the field of Robotics."