- Altay Zhakatayev Successfully Defended PhD Thesis
- ARMS Member Akmaral Moldagalieva Leaves for PhD Studies.
- ARMS Lab member took the 3rd place at IROS 2019 competition.
- Deputies of the Mazhilis Visited ARMS Lab.
- ARMS Lab Participated in the Nazarbayev University Open House.
- General Secretary of ITU Haolin Zhao Visited Robotics and AI Laboratories.
- ISSAI Announced at the NU Digital Day.
- A Paper Base on Synthetic Dataset and Deep Learning Got Published on MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction Journal
- A paper was accepted for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology journal
- Two Papers Presented at the ICRA 2019 (Montreal, Canada)
Principal Investigator Varol wins a three year grant awarded by Ministry of Education of Kazakhstan
ARMS Lab principal investigator, Dr. Atakan Varol, has recently won a new three year grant through the competitive funding scheme of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. In his project "Optimal Design and Control of Variable Impedance Actuated Robots", Dr. Varol with the co-principal investigator Dr. Matteo Rubagotti and junior researcher Mr. Altay Zhakatayev will explore novel control and design algorithms for the variable stiffness actuated (VSA) robots. Variable stiffness actuation in robotics recently attracted great interest from the research community and many renowned research group have started projects in this area.